Join with 1000s across Canada in a week-long celebration of our waterways! In addition to registering your Canada Water Week event, show your love for Canada’s water bodies by following some of the ideas below…
SHARE THE LOVE
Show your lake, wetland, glacier, river – any water body! – you care by:
- Telling the country you're in love by signing the "I Love My Lake" declaration.
- Snap a photo of you with your "loved one"! Upload a photo to Instagram or tweet it to us @CanadaWaterWeek! Whichever method you choose, be sure to tag it with #canh2o. Instagramers, be sure to enable the “Add to your Photo Map” feature and remember to name your body of water to ensure your photo appears on a Canada-wide map!
- Tell us why your water body is so important to you! Create an “I Love My Lake" video declaration!
MUNICIPALITIES ♡ THEIR WATER BODIES!
Last year we recognized the efforts of the City of Guelph for embracing Canada Water Week. This year, we hope to have more municipally registered events and participation than ever. Here are some creative ways your municipality can support Canada Water Week:
- Join the growing list of municipalities who have proclamed the third 3rd week in March as Canada Water Week! A draft proclamation can be found in our Municipalities Toolkit.
- Host an event or week of events to celebrate your municipality’s love of your local waterways.
- Show us your local waterways! Create an “I Love My Lake" video declaration of city staff, your mayor and/or elected officials talking about why they love your local waterway and what they would do to protect or restore it!